Sunday, June 17, 2012

How Do I get An Extension to Finish My California DUI School?

It is perhaps the most onerous condition of any DUI probation, completing a 3 month, 6 month or 9 month alcohol education class.  For some the time necessary to attend is hard to find and therefore they drop out or stop attending only to find that their license is now suspended or they have a warrant for their arrest.  How do you get back in compliance?  The best way is to have an attorney go into court and obtain a re-referral to the program.  this will be required since the classes will not even talk to you wihout it. 

If you cannot afford a lawyer then show up in Court at 8 am and get in the clerk's line.  Ask the clerk to add you on the calendar to see the judge that day.  Be sure to have a legitimate excuse for the referral or simply be prepared to fall on the sword and admit you screwed up.  Having a California DUI is no fun but getting picked up on a warrant because you failed to complete the program is a much bigger problem.  The law can be used to help you get back on track if you want it. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment