Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thoughts about Letting Multiple DUI Offenders Drive for Work

As a DUI lawyer for well over a decade I have certainly seen the aftermath, death and destruction from DUI accidents and injuries. on the other hand I have seen tough sentencing laws cause great headship on the families of those convicted of DUI. In balance, I believe the law should be tough on you if you continue to commit criminal offenses such as driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. However, I also think one should be able to continue to drive to work so that they can be productive members of society. When I say drive, I mean legally drive. This should require an ignition interlock or other safe guards that ensure the driver cannot have any alcohol in their system.

No comments:

Post a Comment